Contact information for issues regarding competition entries:
Nearly every month has a Print of the Month and/or Projected Image of the Month (aka Slide of the Month) competition. Print of the month is generally held at the first meeting of the month, and projected image at the second meeting.
These are a great chance to have your work critiqued by an experienced club member. Members are able to submit one image per meeting. Comments and feedback are given for all images submitted. 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings are awarded, with points being aggregated towards annual trophies.
Current points standings can be viewed here.
Submitting prints for Print of the Month
- One print per member
- Prints should be presented at the meeting by 7.20pm or they will not be appraised
- Prints must have a title and the author’s name on the back of the print
- It is recommended, but not essential, that prints are mounted on a firm backing – prints may have a mat.
- The maximum size of prints, including any mats and mounts are 510mm x 410mm.
- The minimum size of prints, including any mats and mounts are 230mm x 180mm.
- Prints must not be framed or under glass.
Submitting images for Projected Image of the Month
- Images should be submitted as a jpeg that are no longer than 1620 pixels on the horizontal and 1080 on the vertical, and be no larger than 2MB.
- Images should be uploaded using the online entry form by 11.59pm Friday before the meeting.
Please note that only financial members of the society are eligible to enter competitions.